|School of Business and Industry
Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
Earn an online Master’s of Business Administration degree from Florida A&M University (FAMU), and advance your career goals with the ultimate credential for securing an upper-management position in global business, industry or commerce. The FAMU MBA program’s strength is evidenced by a job placement rate of over 85%, with the remaining 15% going on to pursue a Ph.D. or J.D.
Key Benefits of a FAMU Online MBA
Impressive Employment Connections and Placement Services To Help You Succeed
Boasting an extensive cache of over 100 corporate partners, including Accenture, John Deere, JPMorgan, Edward Jones, Disney, Ford, Burger King, and the Department of the Navy, the School of Business and Industry works hard to give our MBAs access to the best national and global employment connections for post-graduation career opportunities. Our staff helps SBI graduates-to-be schedule interviews for full-time positions, supports your employment search with workshops on resume writing and interviewing techniques, along with two University Career Fair Expos each academic year. Plus:
- The program is designed with the working professional in mind.
- The sequential course load helps you maintain business and personal obligations.
- The program combines stimulating lectures with innovative opportunities for team collaboration
- Recognition – FAMU’s MBA program students continue to draw recognition (recently placing second in the national supply chain case competition)
Included in your tuition for the FAMU online MBA are:
- All textbooks and course materials, delivered in e-book format.
- A laptop for each student during the first semester. (However, students also are required to have another computer to use as a backup.)
- An impressive competitive advantage with participation in graduate case competitions.
- A short-term international residency that includes interaction with executives from multinational corporations in places such as Africa, China and Chile.
Many FAMU MBA Grads Go On to Great Things
With its exceptionally high job placement rate (85%), the power of the FAMU MBA program demonstrated by the many graduates who have assumed leadership roles in major multinational organizations, including
- Richard Dent, III, Senior Vice President and COO of Victoria's Secret Pink,
- Sonia Jackson Myles, Director of Global Fiber and Printed Packaging Purchases at Procter & Gamble, and
- John Thompson, Board Chairman of Symantec.
Numerous School of Business and Industry graduates become successful entrepreneurs, as well, including:
- PJ Benton of PJJD Enterprises,
- Al Fuller of Integrated Packaging Company,
- Art Collins of Public-Private Partnerships, and
- Len Burnett of Vibe and Uptown magazines.
Quality Guidance Through Completion of Your Graduate Degree
No matter where you live, choosing FAMU for your MBA means you get the support and credential you need to become a leader in global business. Expect strong support from our faculty members--offering ongoing personal access from distinguished professors credited with published research and other intellectual contributions across disciplines such as accounting, finance, information systems, management, marketing and supply chain management.
The FAMU School of Business and Industry is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Requirements Before You Apply
Candidates are encouraged to apply a semester in advance of starting the program. Interested candidates should also meet the following requirements:
- hold a bachelor's degree earned from an accredited college or university.
- completed a minimum of five years of post-baccalaureate work experience with at least two years at the managerial level.
- demonstrate academic potential: (a) cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher in upper-division coursework completed for the baccalaureate degree (and submit a GRE or GMAT score) or (b) a score of at least 1000 on the GRE or (c) a score of at least 600 on the GMAT.
Beyond satisfying these requirements, international applicants whose first language is not English may be required to present a passing score on the TOEFL (500 paper-based, 213 computer-based, and 80 internet-based).
Prior to starting coursework, students will be required to achieve passing scores on SBI's adaptive assessments in spreadsheets, accounting, finance, and statistics. SBI’s adaptive assessments (with embedded tutorials) ensure that students have the prerequisite skills needed to succeed in the MBA curriculum